Vulcan Countess and Classic Toy Sewing Machine Threading Diagram
In order for the Vulcan Countess and Classic toy sewing machines to work correctly it is essential that it is properly threaded.
To Thread a Vulcan Countess and Classic:
- Start with the needle in its fully raised position
- Place the cotton reel on the reel pin A and screw on tension washer and tension nut B
- Thread the cotton through guide hole C
- Pull the cotton across the top of the machine and thread it through hole E in the top of the needlebar
- Pull the cotton down the side of the machine and pass it through the eye of the needle (F)from left to right
- Pull about 3 inches of cotton through the needle and lift the presser foot so that the end can be fed through the centre of the foot and out the back of the machine under the foot
- When starting to stitch keep a slight manual pull on the end of the cotton until the first few stiches are completed
IMPORTANT - Many apparent problems with getting these machines to sew properly are just the result of not following the final two steps above.
This machine is designed to use needle type 206x13