Essex Mk2 Miniature Toy Sewing Machine Threading Diagram
In order for the Essex Mk2 miniature toy sewing machine to work correctly it is essential that it is properly threaded.
To Thread an Essex Mk2:
- Start with the needle in its fully raised position and push up the spool pin and place the cotton reel on it.
- Pass the cotton through hole (1)
- Draw the cotton to the left along the top arm of the machine and pass it down through the hole (2) in the tension pressure plate.
- Lift the thread upwards and place it over the top and between the tension discs.
- Pass the end of the cotton through hole (3) on the machine arm and then through the hole (4) in the top of the needlebar.
- Pass the thread through the hole (5) in the needle bar bracket from front to back.
- Pass the cotton under the clip on the bottom of the needle bar cover.
- Thread the needle from left to right, ensuring that the correct 15x1 needle is being used.
- Pass the end of the cotton down through the prongs of the presser foot and draw it out the back of the machine UNDER the presser foot
- When starting to stitch keep a slight manual pull on the end of the thread until the first few stiches are completed
IMPORTANT - Many apparent problems with getting these machines to sew properly are just the result of not following the final two steps above.