Astor Miniature Toy Sewing Machine Threading Diagram
In order for the Astor miniature toy sewing machine to work correctly it is essential that it is properly threaded.
To Thread an Astor:
- Start with the needle in its fully raised position so that the holes in side of the spool support bracket and the rocker arm are roughly aligned and then follow the diagram above from A to J.
- Place a spool of cotton of the spool pin (A).
- Pass the cotton through the holes in the spool bracket sideplate (B) and the rocker arm (C)to the front of the machine.
- Draw the cotton to the left along the top arm of the machine and pass it down through the hole in the tension pressure plate (D) to the back of the machine
- Lift the cotton upwards and towards the front of the machine and insert it over the top and between the tension discs (E)
- Pass the end of the cotton up through the tag (F) mounted on the machine arm and then through the hole (G) in the top of the needlebar.
- Lower the presser foot and thread the needle (J) from left to right, ensuring that the correct 15x1 or 206x13 needle is being used.
- Raise the presser foot and pass the end of the cotton down through the centre of the presser foot and draw it out the back of the machine UNDER the presser foot.
- NEVER turn the handwheel without material under the presser foot or damage may occur.
- When starting to stitch keep a slight manual pull on the end of the thread until the first few stiches are completed.
IMPORTANT - Many apparent problems with getting these machines to sew properly are just the result of not following the final few steps above.