If you find this site useful and want to make a small donation to support its maintenance and expansion, then please use button below.
Vulcan Regal Toy Sewing Machine Threading Diagram
In order for the Vulcan Regal toy sewing machines to work correctly it is essential that it is properly threaded.
To Thread a Vulcan Regal:
- Start with the needle in its fully raised position
- Place the cotton reel on the reel pin E
- Pull the cotton down to the tension washers G and the thread it under and between the 2 washers
- Pull the cotton upwards around the tension discs and through the loop F
- Thread through the hole D in the top of the needlebar
- Pull the cotton down the left hand side of the machine and thread through the eye of the needle from left to right
- Pull about 3 inches of cotton through the needle and lift the presser foot so that the end can be fed through the centre of the foot and out the back of the machine under the foot
- When starting to stitch keep a slight manual pull on the end of the thread until the first few stiches are completed
IMPORTANT - Many apparent problems with getting these machines to sew properly are just the result of not following the final two steps above.