If you find this site useful and want to make a small donation to support its maintenance and expansion, then please use button below.
Grain Mk2 Miniature Toy Sewing Machine Threading Diagram
In order for the Grain Mk2 miniature toy sewing machine to work correctly it is essential that it is properly threaded.
To Thread a Grain Mk2:
- Start with the needle fully raised and the presser foot down. It is easiest to thread the Grain Mk2 if it is turned around so that you are facing the back.
- Place a reel of cotton on the spool pin (A) and pull the end across to the tension discs.
- Pass the thread through the hole (B) in the top of the tension disc bracket
- Pull end of the cotton to the left over the tension discs (C).
- Wrap the cotton around and between the tension discs in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Thread the end of the cotton through the hole (D) in the tension disc bracket at the needlebar end of the machine.
- Insert the thread towards the front of the machine through the hole (E) in the needlebar arm.
- Thread the end of the cotton through the eye of the needle from left to right when viewed from the front of the machine
- Raise the presser foot so that the end of the thread can be passed down through the centre of the presser foot and drawn out the back of the machine UNDER the presser foot
- When starting to stitch keep a slight manual pull on the end of the thread until the first few stitches are completed
IMPORTANT - Many apparent problems with getting chain stitch machines to sew properly are just the result of not following the final two steps above.