If you find this site useful and want to make a small donation to support its maintenance and expansion, then please use button below.
Grain Mk1 Miniature Toy Sewing Machine Threading Diagram
In order for the Grain Mk1 miniature toy sewing machine to work correctly it is essential that it is properly threaded.
To Thread a Grain Mk1:
- Start with the needle in its fully raised position so that the holes in side of the spool support bracket and the rocker arm are aligned.
- Pass the thread through the holes in the spool bracket sideplate and the rocker arm to the front of the machine (Photo 1)
- Draw the thread to the left along the top arm of the machine and pass it down through the hole in the tension pressure plate to the back of the machine (Photo 2)
- Lift the thread upwards and towards the front of the machine and insert it over the top and between the tension discs (Photo 2)
- Pass the end of the thread up through the hole in the machine arm and then through the hole in the top of the needlebar. (Photo 3)
- Thread the needle from left to right, ensuring that the correct 15x1 needle is being used (Photo 4)
- Pass the end of the thread down through the centre of the presser foot and draw it out the back of the machine UNDER the presser foot
- When starting to stitch keep a slight manual pull on the end of the thread until the first few stiches are completed
IMPORTANT - Many apparent problems with getting these machines to sew properly are just the result of not following the final two steps above.